Any politician or party that moves towards one or more of our goals will receive our support.
AUSTRALIAN REAL PROGRESSIVES 16
1. A Federal Job Guarantee to act as a safety net – an end to underemployment and insecure employment. The FJG also serves as a superior stabilisation and counter-inflationary mechanism, if it is designed appropriately;
2. An explicit target to reduce inequality by providing Housing Security, Energy Security, Food Security, Social & Retirement Security, Health Security, Childcare Security and Job Security and Communication Security (telecommunications: phone, mobile, Internet);
3. Major public housing investments and re-orientating the housing market to prioritize owner-occupiers over speculative property investments;
4. Increasing and extending the state pension;
5. Zero fee training and higher education;
6. Cancellation of student debt;
7. A Commonwealth Employment Service (CES), charged with anticipating and planning for changes in regional economies, providing input into an industrial policy aimed at maintaining similar jobs;
8. A re-regulated banking system;
9. A rethinking of fiscal and monetary policy an explicit reliance on fiscal policy for stabilisation, supported by the FJG.
10. Massive public investment in renewables;
11. Phasing out of coal, but with a just transition for workers (see FJG);
12. Construction of fast rail between all eastern capital cities;
13. Major investment in public transport;
14. A rapid transition to electric vehicles; and
15. A regulation-based, and public-ownership based, approach to a much more rapid reduction in carbon emissions
16. Enshrining First Nations Voices according to the Uluru Statement from the Heart recognising their Sovereignty, a Makarrata (Treaty) commission and Truth-telling process and empower Aboriginal people to manage their own affairs through constitutional or legislative reform
All these together help Australians improve their Well-being, Inclusion and Social and Emotional engagement with other Australians. It balances, enhances and restores the Australian principle of mateship and the fair go. It is a WISE idea.